Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tablet Weaving Workshop

Hi to all of you out there!!

Well, spring has certainly sprung up here in the northern areas of our beautiful country.  The weather forecast on TV said it is going to get to 31degrees today.  Really!!!! What is summer going to be like?  We could also certainly do with a bit of rain to settle the dust and feed the veld for our animals.

Our next meeting will be next Saturday the 17th of September and I hope to see many of you again.  It has been way too long!  No workshop is planned so bring whatever you have a need to work on and come and peace out with me. 

Exciting news for our following meeting which will happen on the 15th of October.  Glynis is going to show us how to do tablet weaving.  This is a VERY old craft and one makes belts, straps for bags, headbands etc using between 10 and 24 cards (usually) which are punched with holes in the corners.



I think one can have an aweful lot of fun with this!  Glynis suggested a visit to this Facebook page  called "Tablet Weaving Sharing" and I have to tell you that there are some amazing things happening there.

Here is another image which I found on Google:



Glynis sent me the following to whet our appetites:

For the tablet weaving workshop, the ladies would need to buy their cards from me, and also cotton if they would like, but they are welcome to supply their own cotton too. I will also have kits available if anyone is interested. Cost of the kits R200, and the cards are R50 for ten. Mostly we use between ten and 24 cards depending on the pattern. I will supply basic notes and a few basic patterns. Depending on numbers I would have to ask some of the ladies to bring with them an old picture frame (empty) and a couple of bulldog clips, as I may not have sufficient frames.

The cost of the workshop is R300 per person, and I would like a minimum of six if possible, although I can accommodate more than six.

Soooooo .......let me know soon if you are interested so that I can let her know what to expect.  I'm in boots and all.  Let's make it a big one.

Let me know either way if you will be at the September or October meetings to facilitate catering.  Refreshments and lunch cost R120 per person.  I look forward to seeing you all there! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment