Saturday 6 April 2013

Hullo to all the crafters out there -

Welcome to my brand new blog especially for people who are interested in doing handcrafts for fun.  The idea was born from a chance remark made by my daughter to a friend who said that she needed help to continue with a beading project that she was doing.  Brigette said that she thought it would be a good idea to get together from time to time so that we could all help one another with projects that seem to have a mind of their own.

For those of you who do not know me, let me tell you all a little more about myself.  My name is Sharon and I have been married to Max for 42 years.  We have three children Nolan, Brett and Brigette, one daughter-in-law Katie and two granddaughters called Sydney and Georgia .  We are blessed and priviledged to live on a farm on the Magaliesberg mountain near to the Hartbeespoort Dam with our other "children" - 2 Boerboels (Spook and Diesel), 1 Jack Russel (Davey) and 1 Spaniel puppy called Charley who I am sorry to say is spending the weekend in hospital.  He developed extremely painful muscles and our amazing vets are unable to pinpoint the reason.  However, he has made a very good recovery and should be coming home tomorrow. 

Back to the club.  I gave some thought to Brigette's chance remark and after discussing it with her and Max and some friends who were all very excited about the idea, I decided to go ahead and give it a try.  As usually happens with this type of event, it took a little while to get going but we are now having  a really wonderful day out on the farm one Saturday in every month between February and November of each year.  The meetings are usually on the third Saturday of the month but due to unforseen circumstances, I have had to change the date of some of the meetings so if you are interested in attending please contact me to confirm and also so that I can send you directions to get here..  Our next meeting is on the 13th April and all are welcome.  We start at 10am and continue until the last person goes home.  Refreshments and a light lunch are served and there is no cost involved although a donation towards food costs is greatly appreciated.

I am also looking at the idea of getting experts to give us demonstrations and/or workshops in various crafts especially those which may be a little less commonly practised and for these there will probably be some cost involved.

I would love to hear comments from you regarding the club and this blog and my contact details are as follows:

sharon.tgc@gmail.com or ladiecrafter@gmail.com
mobile: +27825716883

Hope to hear from you soon.
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment