Sunday 18 August 2013

Tatting 2



 

Hi everyone

In all my thank you's last time, I missed adding Manie's name to the list.  Without him it would have been a lot more work to have the kits ready in time.  Thank you once again, Manie. If the positive response to the class is anything to go by, I am sure that we will make use of your kits again in the future. Visit his website www.manique.co.za to view his kits and beads available for purchase.  I can vouch for his prompt service!

Well, everything is on course for another tatting class this Saturday, 24th August.  I still have some place available so let me know if you are interested.

I have disappointing news regarding the pearl knotting which was supposed to happen on the 14th September.  Merle G is unable to attend both this month and next month's meetings so we have postponed her class for now.  I will let you know when it will happen.

September meeting is our first anniversary.  I can't believe how time has flown and I must thank all of you for helping to make Crafty Ladies such a success.  Perhaps I will not find another class to replace the pearl knotting but that we party instead.  I will think about it and value your input for ideas.  Contact me on either of the email addresses.

When I visited the Hobbyex Expo earlier this year, I discovered a "new" craft called pergamano.  This is a craft where you make pretty parchment designs.  Wow, I was blown away.  I am negotiating to have a workshop at one of our meetings.  Watch this space.





 
Isn't this just the most beautiful piece of paper you have ever seen?  Obviously we will start with something much simpler but it will nevertheless be stunning!  I am definitely going to do this class.
Who is going to join me?





Wow !!!!!!!!!!

You are not too late to decide to join us on Saturday.  Let me know on either of my email addresses for catering purposes.  Don't forget to visit Petro's embroidery website www.embroideryandall.co.za and to contact Maynette  on maynette@mweb.co.za or 082 378 9410 if you have second hand shoes for her son's "walk a mile in these shoes" project.

You ideas and views are always welcome.

Have a good week.

Sharon
sharon.tgc@gmail.com
ladiecrafter@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 082 571 6883


1 comment:

  1. Pergamano is time consuming, but so much fun. Nice to see some traditional crafts making a come back! I know it will be popular at your craft day.

    ReplyDelete